We believe that happiness, kindness, and individuality set the stage for a strong childhood foundation while fostering self awareness, a love of learning, positive relationships, and a sense of community. We infuse joy and creativity into everything we do. Our mission is to foster social-emotional, physical, cognitive, and developmental growth through a thoughtful, integrated curriculum within a safe and nurturing environment. Through interpersonal relationships between teachers, children, and their families, we ensure that each child’s individual needs are met.
The Fessenden Children’s Center provides developmentally appropriate learning opportunities in each of our classrooms, but a common thread runs through our entire program. We are guided by our belief that children should:
- be happy and safe
- develop self esteem and self expression
- develop a sense of themselves as people
- explore creativity and expand their imaginations
- be kind and respectful to others
- develop a love of learning and exploration