Fessenden Children’s Center is looking for Substitute Teachers to join our team. Responsibilities will include implementing daily activities that assist the children with mastery of age-appropriate developmental milestones. A teacher must have great love and patience for children. Qualifications needed to teach them effectively include knowledge of best practices and developmental milestones as well as the ability to engage them and earn their love and trust.
- Help to implement a nurturing and creative program
- Employ a variety of educational techniques to facilitate achievement of age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Supervise nap and snack times to ensure that children are safe at all times
- Communicate with parents as needed
- Collaborate with other educators; a team player
- Maintain a clean and tidy classroom consistent with health and safety regulations as required by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC)
- Excellent understanding of the principles of child development and educational methods
- Familiarity with EEC safety and sanitation guidelines for classrooms
- Excellent communication and instructional skills
- Cool-tempered, friendly, reliable and flexible
- A balance between a creative mind and a practical acumen
Applicants must be available to work between the hours of 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday. Applicants are also required to complete a CORI/SORI/DCF and fingerprinting background records check.
If you feel as though you are the person we are looking for, please complete an application through the link below:
To inquire about any of the above positions, please click the embedded links to fill out the online application.